- 2kg Beef Flap, trimmed
- 120ml tomato ketchup
- 40ml soya
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 20 flour tortilla medium sized
- Peeled baby carrot crudités
- 600g grated cheddar
- 2 beetroots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and crushed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 50g red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp coriander
- 1 chilli, finely diced
- Place trimmed Flap into a large baking pan.
- Mix ketchup with soya and spices.
- Add 1/2 cup of water or more to make it slightly thin.
- Pour sauce over the meat, cover pan and marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Cover pan into a 130°C oven and walk away for 3 to 4 hours.
- Check tenderness when Beef has been cooking several hours.
- Stick in two forks and pull in opposite directions.
- Meat should come apart easily.
- When meat is done, remove from oven and place into a bowl.
- Pull apart with forks.
- Then add cooking juices, season to taste if required.
- Mix all ingredients together and season to taste.
- Deep fry till crispy in canola oil.
- Dry well and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add melted butter then add 1 flour tortilla.
- Divide some cheese, pulled beef, then more cheese on top.
- Top with another flour tortilla, pressing down slightly.
- Cook till lightly golden.
- Then flip with a spatula and cook till golden on that side also.
- Transfer to plate and repeat remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into 4 or 6 pieces per portion.
- Serve with guacamole, beetroot chips and crudités.